- Munchkin has always been very good about going to sleep. But lately he's having a really hard time. I put him to bed and then he comes up with every excuse under the sun to get me to come back in (I'm cold, I need a kleenex, I need a wet kleenex, I'm thirsty . . . ) all of these requests are made while he is crying and saying "mom come back". Yeah, I feel like the mother of the year.
- I have the hiccups for the past hour. They are starting to give me a headache.
- I finished a book yesterday called A Northern Light. I liked it. It was kind
of a historical fiction novel and reminded me somewhat of Willa Cather books. - I totally judge books by their cover. Do you? For example, this book is actually good, but I bet you can't tell that from the exceedingly weird cover.
- I'm on a book kick right now. I finished the aforementioned Northern Light, then started Stay With Me which will not be finished because it's not really grabbing me and now I'm reading Great Expectations.
- I have jury duty on Wednesday. I think I will wear my "trust me, my dad's a lawyer" shirt. Hopefully that will be enough to get me sent home early.
- I ran for 18 minutes today at a 9 minute mile pace. Wahoo! I'm really excited to finally be able to run. I remember dreading the so called "fun runs" in jr. high and high school because I was never fit enough to run. But I've been using a free podcast to help me train to run and it's been fabulous. I can't even tell you how exciting it is to be able to go out and run and not feel like my lungs are going to burst.
- I am so grateful for good friends. I've always been blessed to have really good friends in my life and I'm just so glad for the awesome people that I know!
- I'm trying to grow my hair out. It's getting pretty long, almost to my collarbone, yet I don't feel like it looks super long :(. Jim Bob wants to see if I can get it midback. I've never really been a long hair girl but I'm loving it because I can just throw it back in a ponytail and put on a hat and I'm out the door.
- Cold cereal is totally a staple food for me. This week Albertson's had it on sale for $1.50 a box. I was so excited. Unfortunately by the time I got there only cheerios and honey nut cheerios were left, but it's all good. Luckily I like both of those so I got 10 boxes. That should last me .... about a week.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Random Musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love your musings.
I have to admit, when I saw that cover I thought, "What kind of books is housewife reading these days?!" I am glad you are on a book kick!
Could you find a "trust me, my husband's a lawyer" shirt?! He'd get a kick out of that. So would I in fact.
I hope you grow your hair out! I've never known you with long hair. I am sure it will look sweet.
OK - I want the "trust me, my husband's a lawyer" shirt too! You will have to explain the free podcast thing to me after VT. Hope you get out of jury duty. Although when Steph did it, she loved it - she got a break from her kids!
Are you doing the Couch to 5K podcasts? I'm using them and it's been great!
Good for you out and running! I'm not to the running stage yet, but hey, at least I've been to the gym for 3 days now!
Yes, I'm doing the couch to 5K podcasts and I love them! And my mom has the "trust me my husband's a lawyer" shirt, so I know there are some out there.
I thought just being a mother at home with a child got you out of jury duty? Maybe I've been misinformed...
good luck with the running thing. I've always hated it. Walking is much more my thing. I've been told by the women in my exercise group that I look like a runner and so maybe I need to buck up and try it this summer when it's not so gosh darn cold outside...
Hope things are going well.
Post a Comment