- Going and visiting my grandma. We hand't been up to Idaho for I don't know how long. We of course got spoiled with huckleberry pancakes and rhubarb syrup - one of my favorite meals that I can only get at my grandma's house.
- Munchkin got to help put up two Christmas trees - my moms and my grandmas. Oh the excitement. He considered himself quite a tree decorating expert by the end of this and was above suggestions from mom about where to put certain ornaments.
- The weather for the trip was great. I was afraid I was going to turn into an ice cube. However, it didn't snow and while it was cold, it was actually pretty mild for Utah.
- Munchkin and my mom both got sick. However, knock on wood, Jim Bob and and I seem to have escaped the brunt of the cold they caught. Hooray!
- We did some holiday shopping, however, given my lack of energy we just went a couple stores each day. I got a wallflower for our house (apple cider) and HALLEUJAH a pair of maternity jeans that fit and are long enough for me AND were only $15.
- Dinner itself was fabulous with all the necessities: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, homemade rolls, stuffing, frogs eye salad and cranberry sauce. For dessert my mom outdid herself and made 2 pumpkin pies, an apple pie, a lemon pie, a banana cream pie and a cherry pie.
- I discovered I have a complete Arizona boy. Even though it was nippy in Utah, the Munchkin did not want to wear a jacket outside, shoes and socks were a burden, and sleeping in covers was just absolutely unheard of. We ended up having to get him a little pair of sweats to solve the latter problem so he wouldn't freeze in the night.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving was so fun for us. Jim Bob only had 2 days off school which was too bad. However, I didn't want to limit my vacation to just that :) so I went to Utah for a week before Thanksgiving and left poor Jim Bob home to fend for himself. (Lest you think I'm absolutely horrible, he did drive up for the Thanksgiving holiday and spent 4 days with us). The highlights are as follows:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment