Random Events/Thoughts from the week:
- I read Ten Cents A Dance. LOVED it. It's a historical fiction book that takes place during WWII. Generally speaking, I don't love this time period, however, I did like this book a lot. I'm horrible with writing summaries so I will just say that I really liked it - - the plot was engaging and I liked the main character. She was a very unpredictable character which makes for a fun read. I hate reading books that are totally predictable with static characters. This book was absolutely NOT that.
- I did what seemed like a thousand loads of laundry. . . all of which seemed to be towels. This could possibly be because my little washer will fit like 2 towels. GRRR!!! Why do things have to get dirty so quickly. I suspect that often Munchkin puts clean clothes into the laundry hamper because he doesn't want to put them away. OK I can't blame Munchkin entirely for this because I do it too.
- Went shopping without children with a friend. It was so much fun and SO relaxing to able to calmly browse the racks :)
- Munchkin's color of the week is red. When he sees something red he says "look mom! It's rrrrrr red)
- Baby Peanut slept 6 hours straight last night meaning I only had to get up once in the night. Wahoo! Dare I hope that this will be trend??
- Oh -- we bought a house! Yeah, perhaps an entire post should've been dedicated to this subject, but alas. At least this way only those dedicated enough to read through the rest of my drivel will be entitled to know this juicy tidbit :) It's just a little two bedroom starter home but I'm completely excited about it. It has a garage, a jacuzzi tub and a little backyard. I'm a thrilled beyond words.
- I love having a baby. I love how when Peanut smiles his whole body smiles with him. I love how he watches me. I love his big blue eyes. I love how when I hold him he just kind of crumples in. I love it when he's on his tummy and he lifts his head and his little brow furrows as he looks around.
- I go through periods where I really just want to shop and buy a lot of things (convienient just as we are purchasing a house). I currently want: a skirt, some summer pants, some sandals, new running shoes, possibly a Nike plus, some new foundation, some moisturizer that acutally works, a haircut, possibly highlights, nylons, slacks, a summer dress, and some various crafting items. Clearly I need a job.
- Oh, I also read The Hunger Games. Loved this book as well. It had a very interesting plot that kept me guessing the whole time. The characters were interesting and well written. I read this aloud to Jim Bob on our way home from Utah. We read most of it in the car and then he stayed up late that night finishing it and I finished it the following morning. I recommend this book.
- I finally finished tagging my digital kits in Adobe Bridge. Whew! I'd like to also get my photos in Aperature tagged. However, in the meantime, I'm excited to do some scrapbooking again. . . if only I could do it one handed a little easier.
6 comments:
Woo hoo! I'm so glad you read and loved The Hunger Games! It's so evil that it's a series, though. I can't wait until September when the second book comes out. It's just so unfair that we have to wait. ;)
Congratulations on your new house! Have you moved in yet? I really enjoyed your post. I think I get in shopping moods, too, even though I'm way past having money to spend!
What does Jim Bob know about anything anyway? you sure showed him!
Hey.. I know about, um, stuff.
You bought a house?! How exciting! Is this the house you were telling me about? I want details!
Yay for houses! Can't wait till May so we can hang out for the summer...at your new house!
I haven't blogged much lately either...my life must not be that exciting.
Post a Comment