Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life update




Today . . .
-we walked over to the park and played for an hour. Munchkin rode is bike over and I walked with Peanut in the stroller. (Peanut was in the stroller, not me unfortunately). I listened to a book on tape on my IPod while the boys playing. I am feeling very thankful for technology. Plus, I was able to get some photos of them at the park.

Lately. . .

-peanut got his second professional cut, but his first all over cut that actually took off some length. This was actually a traumatic experience that resulted from me attempting to cut his hair myself and being woefully unsuccessful at it. It turned out much shorter than I was planning on. Luckily, my visiting teacher saved the day and straightened it all out for me.
-We've been enjoying the park and playing outside. Peanut loves to walk around the playground equipment. He goes up the ladders and steps, across the bridges and down the slides. Oh what fun it is to be able to walk! Munchkin makes friends with whoever happens to be playing at the park and together they play in their own little imaginary world.
-Jim Bob has been SO busy with end of semester grading, projects, and research expectations.
-I have rediscovered my love for sewing. I guess sometimes it takes an easy project. I was feeling For mother's day I made pot holders frustrated because a shirt I wanted to make for Peanut was not turning out. Anyways, I used some of my fabric scraps and made pot holders for mothers day, a grocery bag holder for a birthday gift and a really cute purse. Hooray! Now I want to work on a cute cloth ball and possibly a dress for myself. We shall see if I'm daring enough to attempt the dress.

4 comments:

Maren said...

Your boys are soo cute!

Jennifer Lee said...

It's almost like you have twins there. Those boys are SO cute. Please move to Kansas right away so we can hang out.

Jenni Elyse said...

The kids are getting so big! They're so cute!

Good luck with your dress. You'll have to post pictures if you attempt it and finish it.

Marily said...

It was fun to see your blog. Thanks for letting me hang out with you tonight.