Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vegan Day 2

Today started out pretty good . . . and then went downhill. We had a berry tofu smoothie for breakfast, which is a favorite with the kiddos. The meal was rounded out by a veggie sausage patty and whole wheat toast and honey (sans butter). However, I fell victim to lack of will power and poor planning. I have a really hard time resisting getting lunch while I'm out running errands (remind you of yesterday? I'm pathetic I tell you). Anyways, I wasn't hungry at all thanks to my super filling breakfast but I stopped at Paradise Bakery for a bowl of tomato soup and . . . cookies :( Hopefully tomorrow I'll do better.

I will say that the Vegan thing is cool so far in that everything I'm eating is very filing and I'm not usually hungry. Plus, I can eat a lot of food - as long as it's healthy.

Better luck tomorrow hopefully.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

It takes an insanely strong-willed person to turn down Paradise Bakery cookies. I am completely fine in admitting that I am not currently that person, nor will I ever be.

Good for you for wanting to eat better. You can do it! Good luck on those goals. One at a time is a good place to start. :)