We went to the Renaissance Festival today. I found a deal online that allowed us to go on a student day (apparently it's less rowdy) at a discount rate. Hooray for deals! I'd never been the this festival or one like it so I didn't know what to expect.
However, it was pretty intense! They had an entire little village set up with shops, shows, and of course tons of people in costume milling around. We saw a whip show, a falconry show, and the end of a joust. There were rides of course. While #1 rode a castle slide #2, #3, Jerri and I went and explored the petting zoo. #2 loved feeding the animals.This is what #3 thought of the animals.
Towards the end #2 was not interested in doing anything I asked including having his picture taken. #1 wanted his picture taken with a prince.
Gramma made everyone's grumpy mood go away by buying baked goods. However, #2 still didn't want to smile for a photo.
#1 really wanted to go on this ship ride. #2 wanted to go on Jacob's ladder (you try and climb up a rope ladder and fall in to the straw?). He thought falling into the straw sounded great. He was grumpy about going on this ride, but you can see he decided it was pretty fun.
This is #1 posing for a picture with the princess. He didn't want to have a picture with her, but she saw #1 having a picture with the prince and assumed he would want one with her. Also when she found she was having her picture taken with such cute boys she leaned down and threw her arms out wide beaconing them to come to her. #1 slumped over and #2 cowered at my side and would have nothing to do with being in a photo with her.
This is the one photo #2 wanted to have taken.








3 comments:
Those pictures are sooo fun. I love the one of #3 looking at the sheep. Thanks
Wow! I can't believe how big your kids are getting, especially #1.
It looks like you guys had a great time! :D
I love it when you put pictures up! Very cute boys. :)
Post a Comment