
These are some booties I made for a friend who just had a baby girl. I found the pattern online. Follow this link to get it. (The pattern is on the right hand column under "free patterns"). They were fun to make and did not take very long. I think they'll be quicker to make next time because I had to spend a little extra time figuring out how to do a two stitches I hadn't done before. I looked online and found several cool video tutorials to help me. Praise the internet.
I also had some fun with the above photo in Photoshop. I tried a new technique called 'blowing out the background'. Now, I'll just have to come up with a scrapbook page to use the technique on.
Oh, and I also made the card in the shot.
4 comments:
Love them, love them, love them. Ben has told me I would love photoshop if I would just spend the time to figure it out. I just haven't made the time yet. Someday.
If you're ever interested in learning, I've found some cool tutorials...just let me know.
Oh my gosh, those are so cute! It makes me want to have a baby just so you'll have to make me a pair or three.
Also, I need to know how you took out the background. You are a genius.
ok, blowing out a background works best if your photo already has a fairly light background. Then you go into level adjustments and move the far right slider over to the right until the background disappears (it will get lighter and lighter until it turns white). Then you can use your eraser tool to get ride of any extras. It's easier to get accuracy with the eraser if you zoom in on the area (control +).
Post a Comment