
For St. Patrick's Day we got to go with some friends to Fountain Hills Park to play at watch the fountain turn green. The kids really liked playing, feeding the ducks and having a picnic lunch together. I was very surprised when they turned the fountain really green at noon. I wasn't expecting it to be as green as it was because earlier in the day it was just a light green - nothing too spectacular. However, it was really cool to see such a vibrant green fountain! We got to the park early enough that we were able to enjoy playing while the park wasn't very crowded and were able to wrap things up right after noon as things were getting a little more busy. Afterwards, we came home and my MIL had prepared a fun green dinner for everyone which included green tortillas with a bean and barley filling, green cupcakes, celery, cucumbers, and mint ice cream. It was such a fun day!
5 comments:
What a cool day! I didn't know that they did that at Fountain Hills. I am glad you were able to go and have a great time.
Cute idea for the green dinner!
I wish we could have joined you! Your page looks great! I'm thinking of attempting my first page as soon as I get some time.
I forgot to say, Go Housewife! Great job at totally keeping up with your scrapbooking. Going somewhere and on the same day have a page to show of the event. That is pretty impressive.
wow, yours is the 3rd page I've read talking about St. Patrick's Day! Now, the fountain thing sounds fun, but I am not a big fan of the holiday. It's creepy to me to eat food that's not supposed to be green. So, we were spoil sports and not one of us even wore an ounce of green. At least someone appreciates the day!
I love the scrapbook page. I really have to have a lesson from you sometime. Your pictures turned out great!
Post a Comment