Monday, April 14, 2008

Not my day

We had two fiasco's today. The first came when I tried to cut the Munchkin's hair. I've been trying to have him grow out for awhile to see if I can get his cowlick to settle down. Well, it drives me crazy when his hair starts going over his ears so I thought I'd just give him a little trim. It all started off so well, just a little trim off the sides. But then I couldn't help myself I kept going and going and going. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to doing the front part of Muchkin's hair and we ended up with a mess. I stopped partway through, regained my sanity, took one look at my darling baby boy with hair sticking up at all different lengths, and whisked him away to the salon. However, I was over-hopeful about the hour at which the salon would open. When we pulled up at 8:06 there was not a soul in site. I was close to a Wal-mart and I knew that Wal-mart had a salon so I thought we'd drive over and try there. Alas, the Wal-mart salon didn't open until 9:00 either. I figured I might as well get some shopping done as long as we were there and let me tell you ... early in the morning is the time to shop at Wal-mart! There was hardly anyone there! Fabulous! We pulled out of the store at 8:45 and headed back over to the salon. Unfortunately in the 45 minutes since I'd left it a line of about 5 senior citizens had formed in front of the still dark salon. I didn't want to wait in line and there hadn't been anyone at the Wal-mart salon, so back to Wal-mart we went. Unfortunately there had also been an upcropping of seniors there as well! This time there were only 2 in line so I figured I'd wait. And I waited and I waited. It was 9:15 and no one had come to open the salon. I tried to chat up one of the seniors only to find out that this happened frequently here and that there was only one stylist who came in. She also informed me that she was going to be getting a perm so if I wanted to get my son's hair cut there, I'd be waiting awhile. How nice. I headed back over to the first salon and there was only a 15 minute wait. Hooray!! Luckily all turned out well in the end and the Munchkin looks quite dashing.

The second blip in my otherwise perfect day radar happened in the afternoon when I was yet again trying to be productive. I've needed to go outside and put garbage bags over all of our boxes in storage to keep the crickets out. Naturally this has been quite high on my list of priorities and since it's been needing to be done for almost 4 months. Since cricket season is finally here, I figured I'd better do it. Nothing is funner than working in the shed when the thermometer registers 100 degrees. However, things when faster than I thought and in about 30 minutes everything was covered with bags. I went to close the shed and found that Munchkin had lost the keys. I looked everywhere outside and on the ground of the shed and couldn't find the keys. I pulled out the boxes that I knew he'd gotten into and checked in them. Still no keys. He finally was able to tell me that he'd put the keys in one of the handholds of my bankers boxes. Lovely. So my FIL and I went through each and every box (20 in all) looking for the keys. We found them in the second to last box. So now all is well in key land.

Also, just a side note. Muchkin's new favorite book is "We Share Everything" by Robert Munsch. It is a really cute book and Munsch is one of my favorite authors, but Muchkin likes this book so much it's ALL he wants to listen to during storytime. We read it 3 times in a row tonight. He laughs out loud everytime we get to the picture of Amanda sticking a book in Jeramiah's mouth. So cute!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

You and be both had rough Mondays. I am glad all the rough patches were normalized and all is well. ;)

Marsha said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough day! Losing keys is the worst. I'm glad he told you where he put them. Can't wait to see the new haircut!