The Munchkin has been getting up at 6a.m. instead of his usual 7a.m. (This is unacceptable.) He has also been taking quite awhile to go to sleep in the evenings (about an hour). So today I decided to launch operation: no nap. It went pretty well. Of course, I had 2 hours of nursery to occupy Munchkin so that was really nice. After which we came home and during his normal nap time, he watched a movie. The afternoon went a lot better than I thought it would. He spent some time playing outside and then doing his playdough. Towards the end of the afternoon, I came out to do something with him. He said he wanted to paint. I brought out his watercolors and we both had a fun time doing those. Munchkin dips his brush into a color then draws one long horizontal stroke (a snake), rinses his brush and then draws a new snake in a new color. So fun. Towards the end of our watercoloring Munchkin started painting his feet and then making a print with his foot on his paper. Then he tried dipping his fingers into the colors and using them to paint. This put an idea into my head. Why not try some fingerpaints?? I got a box of instant vanilla pudding from the pantry and mixed it up. Then I put a couple spoonfulls into each of about half the compartments of an ice cube tray. Munchkin helped me use food coloring to dye the pudding. Then we finger painted. Munchkin liked the feeling of the pudding on his hands but didn't know what to do about the mess it left. When I told him to lick his fingers he seemed surprised at the suggestion but was willing to try. He put one in his mouth and his face lit up! Yummy! After that, I had a hard time getting him to paint. He liked to just dip and lick. He also tried dipping his fingers, licking the pudding off, and then licking the paper with his tongue to paint.
Anyways, the afternoon went really well and Munchkin didn't seem too tired. I was so excited when 6 rolled around and I could start getting him ready for bed. Bathtime was a little easier than usual, which was nice. Muchkin was in bed by 7! Wahoo! So far so good . . but we shall see how tomorrow goes. (I'd better not get a 6am wakeup call)
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I sure hope that works. Sleep issues are always so fun to deal with. :) That's such a fun idea with the pudding. I'll have to be brave and try it.
I hope it goes well! He's almost 3, so it's very likely he doesn't need a nap anymore. How fun to finger paint with pudding! That never would have occurred to me.
Katherine started waking up at 6 this week too. I haven't decided what to do about it yet. Let me know how the no nap thing works out!
Post a Comment