Monday, June 30, 2008

6 years


Jim Bob and I celebrated our six year anniversary this week (we are getting so old!) We spent the day in the car driving to Utah. Jim Bob was so cute and gave me an anniversary car trip coupon book. He had thought of all the things I like on a car trip...such as backrubs while I'm driving, uninterrupted naps, stops for treats, etc., and put them all together for me. It was so sweet and made the car trip a lot of fun.

And in the spirit of our six year anniversary . . .
6 things most people don't know about Jim Bob and I (as a couple)
  • Our favorite kind of cake is confetti cake with the white frosting that has those strange waxy dots in it. I have no idea what the dots are made of, I suspect I don't want to know, but boy! that frosting is good. We can eat an entire 9x13 pan of this cake...and have done so on several occasions.
  • When we wrestle I always win. (Jim Bob would say this is because I use "unfair" techniques but whatever, winning is winning).
  • When we were first married we locked our keys in the truck NUMEROUS times. We became quite good at picking our locks with a coat hanger.
  • Our first and only car accident we've been in as a couple (knock on wood) was in July (we were married in June) and happened as we were driving home with our brand new T.V. in the bed of the truck. Luckily both we and the T.V. made it.
  • I am the only one of us who has received a ticket. So unfair considering I am the more cautious driver.
  • We have really weird nicknames for each other. This is because one of us will come up with a name that we think will annoy the other. When we find that it does, we use it over and over to cause maximum annoyance....and the name usually sticks. (and of course, then becomes not annoying so we have to come up with another one).

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Cute post. I've never tried that kind of cake. It sounds good!

Keri said...

Congratulations! You two must have been married the day after Randy and I! Since we were married on a Friday, you must have been married on a Saturday. How cool! Where did you get married? We were married in Provo...which for some reason, I doubt you were married there. Fun post.

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jerri said...

Thanks, that was a real fun post. Congrats, again.

Tyler V said...

Congrats on so many years...we'll be at 6 next month, too.
I also like that confetti cake. YUM!

LeAnne said...

That is crazy that you guys have been married 6 years! I truly remember it like it was yesterday. You guys were a fun couple then and you always will be! I am surprised to see that Jim Bob’s killer trail blazing skills aren’t listed. Any reasons why?