It was going to be perfect. The Munchkin was tired from swimming. He would likely go to bed early. Jim Bob was out of town and I had an English film to watch. I dutifully put the Munchkin in bed, read him a story, sang him songs, and headed out for a night filled with British drama. However, 2 minutes later I heard the pitter patter of little feet and there was Munchkin. I sighed, put him back in bed, tucked him in, the whole nine yards because I'm just an awesome mom, and left. 2 minutes later, pitter patter again. I thought maybe I would just nip this thing early and went to lay down by him in his room. Usually this makes him settle right down. Not last night. He was talking to me and in and out of bed trying to get toys and just generally all over the place. After about 45 minutes he finally seemed to settle down and I snuck out, cuddled up on the couch and turned on my movie. 2 mintues latter I heard that little pitter patter that had now become so dear to my heart followed by a "hey ma!" At this point it was about 9, two hours past bedtime and I thought, what the heck, I'll just let him lay on the couch with me - surely this slow moving english drama will put him right to sleep. Super wishful thinking. He was totally awake and alert for the movie.
To make an incredibly long story short, the Munchkin didn't go to bed until 12:30. I tried EVERYTHING! .... letting him sleep with me, sleeping by him, putting him in bed by himself.... I thought after saying up so late he would surely sleep in. Again, the wishful thinking gets me every time. Guess who was up at 5:45? Yeah . . . it's going to be a long day.
**Disclaimer: I am not trying to imply that having Jim Bob out of town makes for a perfect night. In fact, it's the opposite, however, I actually had something fun to do last night so I wasn't dreading a night alone **
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. Hopefully you will have a better night tonight!
That stinks! Is he trying to get back at you for something!! :)
Post a Comment