Friday, June 13, 2008

Independence Day


Munchkin loves to swim in the pool. However, he has been a little apprehensive about trusting his water wings to keep him afloat. I'm glad that he's cautious, but I knew he'd have a lot more fun once he figured out that he could kick around the pool on his own. I've been trying to talk him into trying to kick around for quick some time but he would stalwartly insist that I hold onto his hands. Finally today I told him that if he'd swim to be by himself I'd give him a candy (horrible I know). It worked! The Munchkin is SO excited about his newfound ability to "swim" and loves to kick around and go in the "deep water".

3 comments:

Keri said...

I'm looking forward to the day when Sydney stops clinging to me in the water & will let her floaties do their trick. I just need to get her in the water more this summer. Glad Munchkin has found some independence. :)

Stephanie said...

I remember taking swimming lesson when I was little and the teacher would throw candy corns into the water. That was enough to get us down to the bottom! I say candy can do wonders in some situations! (we use it a lot when taking pictures!)

*natalie said...

Of course I remember you Becca! I didn't know you lived here in AZ...what area? We live in Awatukee and love it.

Speaking of Katrina, what's it going to take to get her to start a blog of her own?