Thursday, September 6, 2007

I'm getting old


The Munchkin and I were supposed to go to playgroup today. Accordingly, we got all dressed and loaded in the car -- no small feat as those of you with children know -- and drove over to the appointed location. We knocked on the door only to find that playgroup had been canceled because of a sick child. However, the munchkin and I were not deterred. It was 9:00 a.m., we were all dressed and ready to go and darn it, we were going to go somewhere! So I loaded Munchkin back into the car and decided we would drive out to the mall so I could do some window shopping and Munchkin could ride the carousel and play in the play place. We got to the mall and Munchkin and I excitedly hurried towards the carousel. After much deliberation, the munchkin chose a whale to ride. The lights flickered and the ride began....and almost immediately I began to feel sick....motion sick. What! The carousel is the "easy" ride. The ride the parents take their kids on because they are too "old" to handle the teacups or the tilt-a-whirl. And here I am on the supposed "easy" ride getting sick! Could I have possibly moved from the class of cool teenagers who can ride any ride they choose to that "older" class of people who get sick on a carousel? Apparently so . . . I am disgusted.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I know what you mean. I can't stay up till 2 am anymore without feeling it in the morning. Remember those days?! I get sick after eating too much sugar...what's with that!?

LeAnne said...

oh..I "tagged" you on my blog...check it out.

BrookeJean said...

Paul told me about your blog! I hope it's ok I added a link to yours on mine! (p.s. I went to bed at 10:30 last night ... I think I was 10 the last time I did that)

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Thanks for checking it out Brooke. Of course you can link it to yours. I'll have to link yours to mine!