- If you have a gmail account you have access to not only create and manage your very own blog, but you also have access to very cool features- reader and calendar. First, let's discuss google reader . At reader, you can subscribe to different websites and blogs and reader will let you know when there has been an update. This way, if you read a lot of blogs like I do, you don't have to manually type in each address and check everyday for new post. You just check your reader to see if anyone has posted new stuff.
- There is also google calendar. This has been great for me. You go into the calendar and enter in your scheduled events. You can then select if you want google to email you or send you a pop-up either a day, a week, an hour, whatever before the event to remind you. I've got mine set up to send me and email the day before. It's also nice because if you have say, a wedding, to go to, you can enter in the date and the address into the calendar. Then when your email reminder comes you have the option to interface with google maps and get directions to the wedding. Cool eh?
- This site is cool for bargain shoppers who don't want to spend their entire life surfing the internet for deals on clothing or shoes. It's called Shop It To Me. You go and enter what kind of clothing you're looking for and what brands you are interested in. They will then send you an email either everyday, once a week, twice a week - you choose - to let you know what within that brand is on sale. The only drawback to this site is that you can't state a price preference for clothing. They just notify you when it is on sale. Also, while they do offer normal brands like Gap and Levi's, if you so choose, they can notify you when Prada goes on sale. This is not usually a brand I am interested in, even if on sale, but there you go.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
My new computer discoveries
I've never been terribly tech-savvy. I typically keep my internet browsing to sites such as Gap.com and OldNavy.com. However, recently I've discovered some really cool sites and google features that I'm loving! I must share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are doing an awesome job on your blog. It is fun an interesting to read.
Post a Comment